In mid-February, the Good¢ents Board of Trustees met to review applications from organizations and individuals. The trustees meet quarterly. They awarded grants totaling approximately $45,500 to the following seven organizations and two individuals:
- $10,000 to the Fairbanks Concert Association for the JazzReach program carried out by the Metta Quintet.
- $500 to the Fairbanks Home School Science Fair for awards and facility rental.
- $6,000 to the Fairbanks Council of PTAs for Interior Alaska Science Fair. The funds will be used for awards and facility rental.
- $10,000 to the Fairbanks Montessori Association for a building expansion project that will increase the school’s offerings to current students.
- Almost $7,000 to Nenana Volunteer Fire Department for emergency aid equipment including bandages, backboards and other supplies.
- $1,800 to the Pioneer Air Museum to purchase computer equipment that will facilitate cataloging museum exhibits.
- $5,200 to the Delta High School Booster Club to facilitate Rachel’s Challenge. Rachel was 17 years old when she was killed at Columbine High School. Her step-mom and dad established Rachel’s Challenge in her memory. Rachel’s Challenge is a series of student empowering programs and strategies for students and adults. The goal is to foster compassion and kindness. Read more about the challenge here.
- $2,500 (2 separate awards) to two individuals for home repairs following medical expenses that depleted the family savings.