On May 21, the Good¢ents Board of Trustees reviewed 21 applications. It elected to award ten grants totaling nearly $30,500 to four organizations and six individuals. Below is a breakdown of the awards:
- $9,970 to the Interior Alaska Center for Nonviolent Living for the purchase of a copy machine.
- $4,000 to the Boy Scouts of America Midnight Sun Council to fund a computer equipment upgrade.
- $3,000 to the Delta High School Radio Station for radio system upgrades which will enable the radio station to stream online to a broader audience.
- $250 to Kids Voting North Alaska for the Kids voting program.
- $250 to purchase fleece to make blankets for a Girl Scout Gold Award Project. The blankets will be donated to the pediatric ward at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital.
- $10,500 (three $3,500 awards) to assist with cancer treatment costs. One of the recipients undergoing cancer treatment is a child.
- $2,000 to help with medical expenses incurred as a result of chronic kidney failure.
- $500 to help with medical expenses associated with a terminal illness.