In August, the Good¢ents Board of Trustees reviewed 15 applications and awarded five grants totaling $29,000. Here’s a summary of the recent grants:
- Delta Junction Trails Association: $7,000 to be applied towards a nature-trail lighting project.
- North Star Imagination Library: $8,000 towards the purchase of age-appropriate books that will be mailed out to children within the FNSB area.
- Alaska Health Fair, Inc.: $7,500 to help cover blood-test expenses at the upcoming Health Fair.
- Fairbanks Youth Advocates: $2,500 towards a community beautification project.
- Athabascan Fiddler’s Association: $4,000 to assist with the purchase of radio equipment.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations and individuals in need within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is October 31, 2015. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $504,250 to various local nonprofits and individuals in need.
Thank you to all the members who voluntarily “roundup” their monthly invoice to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within our communities.