The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in February and reviewed nine applications. Five grants totaling $16,050 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Delta Imagination Library: $3,000 grant to assist with expenses tied to the monthly mailing of books to pre-school children in the Delta Junction area.
- Denali Preschool & Learning Center: $2,500 grant to assist with the purchase of classroom supplies, mats, beds, doors and office equipment.
- Fairbanks Concert Association: $5,000 grant to assist in bringing “ScrapArtsMusic” performance to Fairbanks.
- Fairbanks Native Association: $750 grant to purchase training materials tied to the comprehensive wellness program, Sources of Strength, which trains youth to be peer leaders.
- No Limits Inc.: $4,800 grant to purchase equipment needed for this re-entry supportive housing program.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations and individuals in need within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is April 30, 2016. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $538,355 to various local nonprofits and individuals in need.
Thank you to all the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly invoice to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within our communities.