The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in May and reviewed nine applications. Five grants totaling $26,956.12 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Alaska Songbird Institute: $3,169.85 grant to go towards repairs and upgrades to the Creamer’s Field Migration Station.
- Healy Hockey Association: $7,500 grant to assist with ice rink repairs.
- Nenana Tortella Council on Aging: $5,187.27 grant to purchase a commercial dishwasher.
- Steese Volunteer Fire Dept: $7,500 grant to be applied towards an LED lighting upgrade project.
- United Way of the Tanana Valley: $3,599 grant to purchase computer equipment.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is July 31, 2016. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $565,311.
Thank you to all the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly invoice to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within our communities.