The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in August. They reviewed six applications and awarded six grants totaling $48,980. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Alaska Health Fair: $12,000 grant to go towards the purchase of Bone Densitometry equipment.
- Breast Cancer Detection Center: $10,000 grant to assist with building renovations for HIPPA compliance.
- Care Net Pregnancy Center: $4,470 grant to go towards sewer repairs and installation of sewer clean-out.
- Denali Education Center: $7,500 grant to be applied towards the replacement of the entryway of the Charles Sheldon Center.
- Fairbanks Stand Down: $990 grant to administer A1C tests to veterans.
- Monroe Foundation: $14,020 grant to go towards the purchase of a protective covering for the gym floor and 200 folding chairs, as well as storage carts for the chairs.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is October 31, 2016. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $614,290.
Thank you to all the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly invoice to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within our communities.