The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in November. They reviewed nine applications and awarded six grants totaling $25,180. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Fairbanks Community Food Bank: $3,000 grant to purchase a computer and two mobile devices.
- Fairbanks Council of PTAs: $3,000 grant to be used for the annual Alaska Science Fair.
- Fairbanks Frontier Chorus: $1,180 grant to be used to purchase performance risers.
- Fairbanks Summer Arts Fest: $5,500 grant to purchase musical instruments.
- Interior Alaska Medical Clinic: $10,000 grant to be used towards the purchase of a portable ultrasound machine.
- Paws for Purple Hearts: $2,500 grant to go towards the purchase of service dog training equipment.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is January 31, 2017. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $643,633.
Thank you to all the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly invoice to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.