The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in May. Ten applications were reviewed, and seven grants totaling $35,545 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- 17-Mile Homemakers, Family Community Education: $750 grant to purchase a Baby Lock serger sewing machine.
- Access Alaska: $7,500 grant (contingent on Access Alaska receiving matching funds) towards the purchase of a HubScrub, which is a large medical equipment washer used to clean and disinfect wheelchairs and other durable medical equipment.
- Boys & Girls Club of Fairbanks: $10,000 grant to assist in upgrading donated office space that will be used as a Teen Center.
- Delta Junction Trail Association: $5,475 grant to be applied towards the lighting of the Liewer Trail System.
- Love INC‘s Transportation Program: $7,500 grant to be used towards the purchase of a passenger van.
- Midnight Sun Council, Boy Scouts of America: $3,320 grant to assist with the purchase of safety equipment.
- Play ‘N Learn: $1,000 grant to be applied towards equipment upgrades.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is July 31, 2017. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $719,963.
Thank you to all the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly invoice to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.