The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in August. Of the 14 applications that were reviewed, seven grants totaling $41,250 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Alaska Health Fair: $6,750 grant to cover the cost of processing 150 chemistry/hematology/lipid panel tests.
- Athabascan Fiddlers Association: $5,000 grant that will go towards the purchase of video and recording equipment.
- Fairbanks Arts Association: $5,000 grant to assist with a technology upgrade (i.e. the purchase of computer hardware and software).
- Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation: $15,000 grant towards costs associated with the Surgery Replacement Project.
- Interior Alaska Cancer Association: $5,000 grant to assist with patient needs during treatment.
- North Star Dance Foundation: $3,500 grant towards costs associated with upgrading the flooring in their new facility.
- Pioneer Air Museum: $1,000 grant towards a technology upgrade (i.e. the purchase of computer hardware and software).
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is October 31, 2017. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $761,213.
Thank you to all the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly invoice to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.