The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in November. Sixteen applications were reviewed, and ten grants totaling $33,053 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Autism Society of Alaska: $2,430 grant to implement a safety training program for families.
- Carol H. Brice Family Center: $5,000 grant towards a lighting upgrade.
- Crossroads Counseling & Training: $1,950 grant to implement a new Nurturing Parenting Program.
- Delta High School Booster Club: $4,000 grant to purchase gym floor protective mats.
- Fairbanks Council of PTAs: $3,000 grant to purchase supplies for the Interior Alaska Science Fair.
- Fairbanks Host Lions Club: $1,000 grant to upgrade lighting.
- Interior Alaska Center for Non-violent Living: $6,173.37 grant for the purchase of a snowplow.
- Northern Lights Council of Dance: $2,000 grant to upgrade lighting.
- Partners for Progress in Delta Junction: $5,000 grant for a training program.
- Santa’s Helpers: $2,500 grant to purchase food for families in need.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is January 31, 2018. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $794,267.
Thank you to all the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly invoice to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.