The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in February. Nine applications were reviewed, and five grants totaling $22,580 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival: $3,000 grant towards the purchase of instruments for a winter workshop.
- Georgeson Botanical Garden Society: $5,000 grant towards the purchase of an electric utility vehicle.
- Interior AIDS Association: $4,080 grant to assist with purchasing furnishings for facility.
- KUAC: $500 grant to expand the Literacy Outreach Program.
- North Star Imagination Library: $10,000 grant towards the purchase of books for children.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is April 30, 2018. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $812,847.
Thank you to all of the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly billing statement to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.