The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in November. Fourteen applications were reviewed, and nine grants totaling $35,178 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Bethel Community Services Foundation: $1,000 grant to assist with the purchase of music equipment.
- Christmas In Ice: $3,305 grant to be applied to an electrical upgrade.
- Ester Volunteer Fire Department: $4,080 grant to assist with an electrical upgrade.
- Fairbanks Children’s Museum: $4,747 grant to purchase a set of furniture designed specifically for children.
- Fairbanks Community Food Bank: $5,448 grant to be applied towards the purchase and installation of an intrusion detection system.
- Literacy Council: $4,071 grant to assist with a furniture upgrade.
- Love INC: $6,755 grant to be applied towards a technology upgrade.
- Opera Fairbanks: $3,010 grant to assist with the purchase of music equipment.
- The Folk School Fairbanks: $2,762 grant to assist with the purchase and installation of a Toyo stove.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is January 31, 2019. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $909,996.
Thank you to all of the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly billing statement to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.