The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in November. Eight applications were reviewed, and seven grants totaling $47,645 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Access Alaska: $5,000 grant for their Consumer Fund.
- Green Star Alaska: $3,699.60 grant to fund electrical work and purchase a pallet-racking system.
- Healy Hockey Assn.: $6,045.75 grant for the purchase of a rink divider.
- Interior Alaska Cancer Assn: $5,000 grant to help fulfill the basic needs of cancer patients.
- McKinley Volunteer Fire Dept.: $15,000 grant for emergency vehicle lights.
- Stand Down: $2,500 grant to fund blood and A1C tests.
- Tanana Valley State Fair: $9,500 grant to upgrade lighting.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is January 31, 2020. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $1,069,882.
Thank you to all of the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly billing statement to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.