Recognizing the significant impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having on our community, effective March 19, 2020, GVEA is temporarily suspending:
- Service disconnects for non-payment; and
- Assessment of late payment fees.
Members should continue to make payments on time, as able, since monthly bills will continue to be sent out.
GVEA urges residential members who are having difficulty making payments, due to financial hardships caused by COVID-19, to stay in contact with our Member Services department at (907) 452-1151.
As a result of COVID-19 and as a precautionary measure for the safety of our employees, our members and the communities we serve, GVEA’s lobbies were temporarily closed to the public at 5pm today, Wednesday, March 18, until further notice.
Members will still be able to conduct business with GVEA through a variety of methods:
- Contact our Member Services Department at (907) 452-1151 or (800) 770-4832.
- Utilize one of our payment drop boxes located at the Fairbanks, Delta and Nenana offices.
- Payment kiosks are available at the Fairbanks and Delta Junction offices.
- If you need to pay a bill, utilize the online My Account member portal.
- For a complete list of bill-paying options, visit www.gvea.com/rates/payments.
At GVEA, safety is our #1 priority. As we work every day to provide reliable, affordable power, we have the health and safety of our employees and members at the forefront of all we do. GVEA will continue to post updates as needed via our:
- Blog (http://blog.gvea.com/wordpress/);
- Webpage (http://www.gvea.com/news); and/or
- Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/GoldenValleyElectric)
For updated information on the Coronavirus, go to www.cdc.gov.