The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in May. Nine applications were reviewed, and eight grants totaling $38,421 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Breast Cancer Detection Center: $5,000 grant towards technology upgrades.
- Ester Community Association: $5,000 grant towards electrical upgrades to the Ester Community Park Stage.
- Fairbanks Curling Club: $4,500 grant to assist with the purchase of a hydronic heating system.
- Fairbanks Neighborhood Housing: $8,500 grant towards the replacement of flooring materials.
- Fairbanks Sweet Adeline’s: $800 grant towards the purchase of a PA system and communication radios.
- John Trigg Ester Library: $5,000 grant to assist with roof repairs to the Clausen Cabin.
- Monroe Foundation: $5,000 grant towards the purchase of new playground equipment.
- The Bread Line: $4,621 grant to purchase three commercial steel doors.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is July 31, 2018. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $855,268.
Thank you to all of the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly billing statement to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.