The Good¢ents Board of Trustees met in February. Fifteen applications were reviewed, and eleven grants totaling $47,680 were awarded. Here’s a summary of these recent grants:
- Carol Brice Family Center: $10,000 grant to assist with the replacement of their building’s main waterline.
- Denali Preschool & Learning Center: $$6,000 grant to help fund the purchase of a playground set.
- Ester Volunteer Fire Dept.: $3,000 grant to assist with a lighting upgrade.
- Fairbanks Children’s Museum: $3,680 grant to purchase a set of balancing boards.
- Fairbanks Community Food Bank: $5,000 grant to be applied to a building remodeling project.
- Fairbanks Concert Assn.: $3,500 grant to assist with a technology upgrade.
- Pearl Creek Elementary PTA: $1,600 grant to help fund their Artist-in-Residence Program.
- Pioneer Air Museum: $2,000 grant to assist with implementing an environmental control plan.
- Pioneer Memorial Park: $2,200 grant to help with an upgrade in museum artifact signage.
- UA Museum of the North: $8,200 grant to assist with the development of an interactive microscope exhibit.
- Weller Elementary PTA: $2,500 grant to help fund the compilation of first aid/emergency response kits.
All grants from the Good¢ents Foundation are awarded to nonprofit organizations within GVEA’s service area. Applications are reviewed quarterly in February, May, August and November by a volunteer board of trustees. The next application deadline is April 30, 2020. Applications and more information about the program can be found online here.
Good¢ents is funded by the generous members of Golden Valley Electric Association. Since the program began in 2011, GVEA members have funded grants totaling $1,117,562.
Thank you to all of the members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly billing statement to the next dollar. The cents you contribute is greatly appreciated and really makes a difference within the communities GVEA serves.